Saturday, November 29, 2008

So I am 30...

...and I have been 30 now for 2.5 hours. So far my 30's are going great! I went bowling (where I won...hehe) and then I went out to birthday breakfast at 1:20am! Nothing like starting your morning off with 3 pounds of fried cake with blueberries and whipped cream! Teri took me bowling and to breakfast and we had a great time. She gave up sleep to be the first person to see me on my birthday and I appreciated it.

While I was bowling and eating breakfast I got a bunch of texts and facebook messages saying happy birthday and I appreciate all of those people who were awake and remembered that it was my birthday.

To me spending time with friends and family is more important than anything else on my birthday. That is why it meant so much that after working a double today Teri took me out for my birthday. Not everyone would have taken the time after a long day to spend 4.5 hours with me just hanging out. Also my Dad took me out to dinner because he will be gone on Saturday and wanted to spend some time with me. That is pretty awesome, and Amy had dessert with us when she got cut from work. Then my Dad and Amy sat and talked with me for a half hour after we were all done eating. This is what I am very thankful for. I have amazing friends and an awesome family. I am more blessed than I deserve and I try to let people know how much they mean to me. Sometimes I don't say it enough but all of the people in my life are amazing and they mean more to me than anything I have or ever will own. Relationships are what matter in this life. Our relationship with God and then our relationship with those around us.

After I sleep a bit I will look back at my life and I may write about it; where I have been and where I see myself going. Right now I am just thinking about how much it means to me to have people who care around me. Sometimes I don't let people get too close to me because of where I live. I am in Broken Arrow and I am around Rhema all the time. People come here to leave, I know that. It is hard to make good friends and then every two years have to do it all over again. I know that because of this I keep a lot of people at arms length away but I have tried to open up a bit more and let down my guard. What this has done has brought people into my life that I will always be close to. Maybe I won't live in the same town and I know that it won't always be the same. That being said I know that my friends will always be there for me and I will always be there for them. I also have already had my family be there for me when times were tough. They have always and will always be there for me.

How can I ask for more? I serve a God who loves me, I have friends and family who will be there no matter what. Sometimes people look at their lives and they get down because things haven't worked out exactly like they thought they were going to work out. Well my life is nothing like I thought it would be by now...but I wouldn't change where I am for anything. Thank you all for being a part of my life, no matter how big or small a part you think you have remember; we never know the full impact that we have on the lives around us.

3 comments:

Mark Burleson said...

Then you have the people who never seem to leave :D

13 years and counting

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Michael!

Michael Johnson said...

Thank you Lisa.