Monday, March 21, 2011

LOVE WINS

Today the UPS man dropped off my copy of LOVE WINS by Rob Bell. I'm going to read it. I'm interested to see what it is says...and I am trying to not judge it before I open it up.

As a person who has dedicated his life to telling people about the love that God has for them and that this love came to maturity when Jesus laid down His life for them (John 3:16...we all know that one) it is hard for me to hear some of the things that I have heard Rob Bell say when talking about his new book.

On the other hand, I have heard him in an interview give a different side. He was talking about Jesus specifically, he mentioned that Jesus paid the price. So I'm not sure what I am going to get when I open this book.

Has this all been a marketing ploy? Is this just get people like me to buy a copy of this book and then find out that all the interviews were just smoke and mirrors? Is it just a play on words and he doesn't really believe anything different than what most mainstream "evangelicals" believe?

I'm not sure...but I will let you all know when I find out. I think I am going to read some of this book today.

No comments: