Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Just a conversation...

How does it happen?

I called my Mom today. We had a really good conversation about all kinds of things. I was having a night where my emotions were starting to take a bigger role in my mood than I allow. I was going to blog about how I was feeling and that I normally keep myself in check better than I this. I decided to call her before I started writing because by the time I am done writing I usually am ready for bed.

Now for those of you who don't know my Mom I will tell you just a little about her. She is a very strong woman and she is also really sweet. She truly cares about me and always has. I have amazing parents and this is just one more time that I can look at and thank God for allowing me to be this blessed. As we talked all the things that seemed to be big got smaller. She was asking about what is going on in my life and as I told her about it I was reminded of why I am here.

All that was said to say I know I am blessed. I know I am in Arkansas for a reason. I get to speak to the adults at our church a week from tomorrow. This will be the first time any of them have heard me. I know what I need to say, I am ready to take another step along the path that is my life. Thank you Karen Peck (my Mom) for bringing my focus back where it needed to be...even though you didn't mean to.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

William D. Tollett said...

Michael, I appreciate your transparency and openness about your emotions and your family. Having spent 30+ years in ministry and most of that away from family and friends, I have found the faithfulness of God very real to me. He is truly a friend that sticks closer than a brother. Blessings to you!

William Tollett