Sunday, August 1, 2010

My status was too long...

I tried to change my status several times on facebook. From my phone apparently it doesn't correct you or even put it into a second status...it just says it is too long and deletes it.

I guess I should have started with a blog and then linked them...but I didn't know that it would be a problem.

So here is the deal. People often say that they will give up ANYTHING for Jesus and for "The Call!"

My question is simply this, "What have you and what are you giving up right now?" To say you will give me a glass of water when I am thirsty is meaningless unless it is followed up by the action of actually giving me a glass of water when I'm thirsty.

To say you are willing and then to never "feel" like God is asking you to give anything up or to lay anything down to help others brings into question if you are actually willing.

I don't want to hear anything that you are giving up or laying down so that you can help others. That is between you and God. I simply want you to look at your life, look at what you have, and look at what you spend your time doing. Then I want you to talk to God. Have a conversation, ask Him what He wants you to do for other people...then when He tells you something, actually do it.

People all around us need help...and we are too busy to notice.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Amy K. said...

That's so good. I'm glad that people feel in their heart that they love God, but that doesn't mean much to him without corresponding actions. And personally, I don't think forwarding emails and making your status "Repost this if you love Jesus!" really counts either.