Thursday, April 29, 2010

My first post...since this got linked to my job...

I guess in a way everything I have done since I accepted this job has been "linked" to my job. I guess the difference now is that I actually have a link connecting this blog to the website: http://www.crossoversingles.org which is the website for the singles ministry here at Family Church.

I don't know if we think enough about how our actions in our "personal life" actually reflects on so many other things. Anytime someone sees me outside of church my actions reflect on their view of Family Church, Pastor Perry, ministers in general and in a broader sense God. That is a pretty big responsibility.

I guess the reason that I never gave it much thought before is because in recent years I have made a point to try to be a reflection of the love God has shown me. I know I have made mistakes,  but I am doing my best to live a life that glorifies God in all that I do.

Both of those sentences sound very churchy. I sound like I am just using Christian lingo to make myself sound good. If I had heard someone tell me that about themselves even a few years ago I would have rolled my eyes and thought they were just playing the Christian game. I see it differently now...but I understand why people roll their eyes at me sometimes now. :)

I don't worry about doing the "wrong" thing most of the time. The stuff I used to do that were a bad witness don't even tempt me anymore. I am now pursuing a relationship with God in a way that other things don't seem as important and don't have the same pull on me that they used to have. Also, a reason I am not worried about doing something in front of "you" (whoever you are) that would be looked upon in a poor light is because I know that God sees everything I do and He also knows everything I thought about doing! Lol That is a higher standard to live up to. No offense, but I am not worried nearly as much about what you think of me as I am about what He thinks of me!

Time to go plan some events for next month. If you get a chance, take a look at my new website. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

No comments: